Coconut Chicken Curry with Turmeric and Lemongrass
- 4 Chicken thighs, bone-in
- 4 Chicken legs, bone-in
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 2 tbsp Salad oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp Shalltot, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup Serrano Chili Sauce with Garlic & Toasted Sesame (KG3265HG)
- 15 fl oz Unsweetened coconut milk, 1 can
- 1 tsp Coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Shredded coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Lemongrass puree
- 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Season the chicken on both sides with Five Spice and sauté in oil until chicken is browned on both sides. Remove and set aside, keeping warm.
- On low heat add ginger, shallots, coconut sugar, garlic, cinnamon, turmeric & lemongrass to pan and stir.
- Add coconut milk and Serrano Chili Sauce with Garlic & Toasted Sesame (KG3265HG).
- Heat until bubbling then add chicken back to pan until internal chicken temperature reaches 165 F°.
- Serve on a platter and top with cilantro and coconut flakes.