4 Chicken thighs, bone-in
4 Chicken legs, bone-in
1 tsp Chinese Five Spice
2 tbsp Salad oil
1 tbsp Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp Shalltot, chopped
4 Garlic cloves, chopped
15 fl oz Unsweetened coconut milk, 1 can
1 tsp Coconut sugar, or brown sugar
1/4 cup Shredded coconut flakes, unsweetened
1 Cinnamon stick
1 tsp Lemongrass puree
1 tsp Turmeric, ground
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Season the chicken on both sides with Five Spice and sauté in oil until chicken is browned on both sides. Remove and set aside, keeping warm.
2. On low heat add ginger, shallots, coconut sugar, garlic, cinnamon, turmeric & lemongrass to pan and stir.
3. Add coconut milk and Serrano Chili Sauce with Garlic & Toasted Sesame (KG3265HG).
4. Heat until bubbling then add chicken back to pan until internal chicken temperature reaches 165 F°.
5. Serve on a platter and top with cilantro and coconut flakes.