Korean bbq marinated pork gyro
Pita rolled with Korean BBQ marinated pork, cucumber, tomato, red onion and Ken’s Cucumber Wasabi.
- Put pork shoulder on a plate. Place in the freezer for approximately 1 hour, or until it is firm to the touch.
- Put meat on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, remove and discard any skin. Then slice the meat thinly against the grain, into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place the sliced pork into the Korean BBQ Marinade and Sauce (KG3263HG), toss to combine and cover.
- Refrigerate the meat for at least one hour and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat oven to 450°F. Place pork on sheet pan spreading evenly.
- Put the pork in the oven and roast until it is browned, crisp at the edges and cooked through.
- Remove the finished pork from the oven, allow to rest for a minute or two, then chop into bits. (To make the pork even crisper, set a large pan over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, then the sliced pork, and sauté.)
- Serve with warm pita, cucumbers, onions, tomato, and Cucumber Wasabi Dressing (KE2204-2).