2 ½ lb Pork shoulder
8 each Pita pockets
2 cups Cucumber, diced
2 cups Tomato, diced
1 cup Red onion, diced
16 fl oz Cucumber Wasabi Dressing (KE2204-2)
1. Put pork shoulder on a plate. Place in the freezer for approximately 1 hour, or until it is firm to the touch.
2. Put meat on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, remove and discard any skin. Then slice the meat thinly against the grain, into 1/2-inch slices.
3. Place the sliced pork into the Korean BBQ Marinade and Sauce (KG3263HG), toss to combine and cover.
4. Refrigerate the meat for at least one hour and up to overnight.
5. When ready to cook, heat oven to 450°F. Place pork on sheet pan spreading evenly.
6. Put the pork in the oven and roast until it is browned, crisp at the edges and cooked through.
7. Remove the finished pork from the oven, allow to rest for a minute or two, then chop into bits. (To make the pork even crisper, set a large pan over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, then the sliced pork, and sauté.)
8. Serve with warm pita, cucumbers, onions, tomato, and Cucumber Wasabi Dressing (KE2204-2).