2 slices Sour dough bread
2 tbsp Butter
2 fl oz serrano chili aioli
4 fl oz Short rib, cooked
2 oz Vermont cheddar
1. Heat a heavy pan over medium-low heat.
2. Thinly spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Spread the other side of each slice with serrano chili aioli.
3. Place the bread, butter-side-down, in the pan.
4. Divide the cheese and short rib evenly on top of the serrano chili aioli.
5. Adjust the heat so the bread sizzles gently.
6. When the cheese is about halfway melted, use a spatula to flip one slice over on top of the other, and press lightly to melt.
7. Keep turning the sandwich, pressing gently, until the sandwich is compact and both sides are crusty and the cheese is melted.
serrano chili aioli
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Cover, label, date and refrigerate.